Trinity’s ministry with children is about discipling children of all ages in their faith and life with Jesus. It is a balanced ministry that works with parents to support their best work of raising their child in the love of the Lord.
Trinity’s worship life is meant for all people of all ages. The Holy Spirit works faith in everyone’s hearts to hear God’s Word, sing His praises, speak together with Him in prayer and celebrate as the family of God what He has done for us in Jesus Christ.
- God brings us into His presence through Holy Baptism and the hearing of His Word, available to all ages.
- Trinity’s adult disciples have a welcoming presence with families as we all worship together in the pews.
- Trinity’s worship bulletin provides training support for parents with easy-to-read/sing liturgy, liturgy-connected Bible passages, “Kids in the Divine Service” notes, and children’s songs from time to time.
- During the school year a Children’s Message time is offered twice monthly following the sermon.
- Children from ages 4 through high school are invited into age-appropriate choirs and musical ensembles.
- Older elementary children through high school youth are invited into worship service opportunities including ushering with adults, acolyting, sound system management, and reading the Old Testament/Epistle lessons.
- A Sunday staffed nursery and an unstaffed Quiet Room is provided at those moments when a child’s behavior requires special attention.
- Main level restrooms offer baby changing areas.
Trinity’s fine arts focus invites children to express their faith in Jesus and celebrate His love in meaningful ways.
- Staff, with the the support of Trinity’s Board of Worship and Fine Arts, work to provide many opportunities for children and youth to learn music and share their musical talents with the congregation and community.
- The Little Levites (age 4 years old through 1st grade) Choir and Youth Choir (2nd-8th grades) teaches children to sing and present songs in a group setting. Baby Levites is a new music class for infants and toddlers.
- Youth in 8th-12th grades are invited to share their instrumental musical gifts in the Woodwinds Ensemble, Brass Ensemble, Bells of Joy Handbell Ensemble and Sanctuary Choir. There are also opportunities to sing and play instruments as soloists or small ensemble groups.
- Trinity’s children and youth are invited to share their music in an annual Young Artists Recital (usually in late May) and as part of the annual Peoria Bach Festival (early June).
- Various instrumental lessons (piano, violin, brass, woodwinds, organ, guitar) are offered through various adult musicians from time to time.
- Children’s visual artwork is valued as vital to our expression of faith and life. “Alleluia Banners” are annually made by 2-12 year old children in Sunday School and displayed in the Sanctuary and Foyer during the Easter season. Children and youth have contributed to the Bible story murals on the walls of our basement Children’s Ministry area.
Stepping Stones Sunday School supports the home’s ministry of Christian education through a creative, Christ-centered Sunday School experience.
Stepping Stones involves:
- A three age-level system allowing for greater opportunity to reach students at different learning levels.
- A fine-arts based focus connecting well with Trinity’s fine-arts focus.
- Making use of adults’ talents and gifts in very specific ways.
- Adults focusing on relationship building in a Christ-centered manner as a Cluster Mentor.
- Providing the opportunity for early childhood parents to directly impact their child’s faith on a regular basis.
- Providing an opportunity for families to do better devotional teaching at home.